Monday, August 6, 2012

If you ask me has life slowed down since returning from Israel, I would kindly decline that assumption. I suppose the jump from the Middle East to North America can be related to jumping into a tornado...that you can sleep in...sometimes...

?


You may think that I the absence of rest can be exhausting, and that I would agree with; however, I thoroughly enjoy the busyness. As I'm writing this email, I sit in the Salt Lake City, Utah, airport waiting for my plane to depart to Eugene, OR. Why in Utah? Good question. I have been helping my father with his business at the Outdoor Retail show. The event is massive! Bigger than a Philly cheese cake in New York! Okay...maybe not, but seriously. I have had more fun running various errands, getting lost in a sea of exhibitors, and finding my way again. God has thoroughly blessed me and my father during our stay here. I also had the chance to gear up for my trip to Africa.


Some may be wondering how things are going for my trip to Africa. I wouldn't blame you for wondering. I've been too busy running errands in this whirlwind of a tornado. Things are going very well. Just last night, the tickets for Nairobi, Kenya have been booked! I am going! Lying down last night, the last thing I remember before dozing off was a feeling of change and movement. For three years now, I've know that I have been called to the mission field. For two years I saved up money to go to Israel for schooling to prepare me for the mission. One year I've studied, and now, it appears the time has come. I am still short by about 5,000 dollars. At this point, my trip will be shortened; however, I am very compelled that God wants me to be in Africa for a full year. I hate to ask for support, so I won't. I'll let the Lord move, but please know that I have a vision from God to stay a full year in Africa.

There are so many things to write, but due to catching a flight, aching wrists, and an empty stomach, I believe my body is telling me it is time to find something to eat. Unfortunately, they do not serve Felafels at the airport; however, please do not be too concerned for me. I will find a way to manage...somehow...

May the Lord bless you!

-David Hikari Sekiguchi

No comments:

Post a Comment