Monday, August 20, 2012

8:30PM is usually the time that I would sit down and reflect on the day writing it in my journal when I'm over seas. But now that I'm keeping on online journal, my reflections and posts will remain on my blog. When I went to Japan, Europe, and Israel I kept a journal and am so thankful I did; however, I'm already realizing how much faster typing is than writing. So let's reflect on today...


After a healthy sleep I woke to a great breakfast and snatched a tea bag and egg to bring back to my room. The egg would serve me well later that day. After eating, it was time to stretch my legs and go running; however, I opted for finishing editing my highlight reel at Mt. Arbel in Israel. So for the next few hours, I worked hard on the hotel couch clicking and dragging clips left and right like no TOMORROW! Suddenly, it was time to run, so I ran and ran until I almost lost my way getting back to the hotel before orientation started. I made it back, cleaned up, and jumped out into the lobby where I met four other short term missionaries.

Orientation went really well and tomorrow will be a full day. We went over the history of Africa Inland Mission, their mission statement, country flag quizzes, and how to share a testimony. That was only a few of the items for tonight. After a great time at the mission HQ, we were shuttled back to the hotel and now I'm just reflecting on the day.


Tonight my room mate is flying in at 1am in the morning! It will be an exciting meeting if I'm able to get up. Reminds me of my former room mate from Fiji when he flew in to Israel at midnight. Should be interesting. Now that I wrote a very long and kind of boring journal entry, it is time for bed. Tomorrow I will try and keep it short and sweet. Thank you for enduring this first "pre-real" "Africa" "journal post". Hang in there...the stories will get better. Hopefully no deaths or injuries to write about; however, I'm on God's plan and not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment