Sunday, March 18, 2012

Africa Mission!

Hi Everyone!

God has been so good to me! I don't deserve his blessings and love. He continues to pour his grace all over my life. I'm such a sinner, but the Lord is so gracious! As many of you know, I am planning to go to Africa after my studies here in Israel. This will be in the Summer of 2012. I am so extremely excited to serve Him, but it won't be possible without your help. My desire is to serve the Lord with the skills he has given me in media. It is my desire because I believe the Lord has gifted me so that I can give back to Him. So many people in the world don't know our Savior nor the blood He shed for them on the cross. It's not fair to keep our faith all to ourselves and not share the message. We as Christians are commissioned by the Lord to share the good news!!! I understand not everyone is called to be a missionary, but I am ready and more than willing to GIVE MY EVERYTHING to the Lord! I'm attaching my prayer support letter and links to videos (both my own work and African Inland Mission's videos). Please pray for me. I love you all in Christ so much! Though I don't know what the future holds, I know this: My calling is to make Him known to the nations! God bless you all!






March 18, 2012
Dear Friend,
I am beginning a new semester here at King’s School of Media. Let me just say it has been a busy start! At this school we are studying multimedia and learning how to apply it for the future of God’s kingdom. As a student, I am acquiring new knowledge every day. The Lord is strengthening, sharpening, and shaping my skill set in variety of school assignments and church projects. I am excited to see how the Lord will continue to use me in the near future.
Since graduating from high school, I have been searching for ways to serve the Lord. I am thrilled to report that He has led me to an opportunity with African Inland Mission. Through this organization, I will be in Kenya with a short term missions team for 12 months. We will be outreaching, evangelizing, and sharing the Good News of the Gospel with the local community. My media skills in videography, graphic design, writing, and web development will be utilized on the mission field.
Understanding that joining African Inland Mission will present its challenges, I look forward to these trials realizing that they purify and perfect my walk with God.  Knowing that I will be pushed outside my physical, emotional, and spiritual limits, I am eager to see how the heart of God will manifest in my life during this time. I hope to increase my patience and compassion for my brothers and sisters inside and outside of the faith. My father always taught me, “The Word of the Lord is not just to study, but it is to do.” I see this step in my life as a calling to do His Word, and I invite you to join in seeking the lost and broken-hearted among the nations.
Please pray and consider supporting me and my team on our mission to Kenya. Together we can bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a beautiful and lost people. We need prayer for details and logistics of this trip to run smoothly and effectively. There are many obstacles in the future; however, by God’s unfailing grace and your prayers/support, we can conquer these challenges together in Christ.
The cost of this trip is $19,651. This covers living expenses and travel. I’m required to collect these support funds by May 10, 2012 (6 weeks prior to the departure date). I know there are many mountains in life; however, do not be discouraged. Please pray about being a part of my financial support base. Donations are tax deductible, and you will receive a tax receipt from AIM once they have processed your contribution. Together we can move mountains whether in our backyard or across the ocean. May the Lord richly bless and guide you.
In Christ
David Sekiguchi - A bond Servant of Christ
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” James 1:2-3

SEND Checks and  OTHER:
Tomo and Cindy Sekiguchi
91600 Coburg Rd
Eugene, OR 97408
USA
[ADDRESS SUBJECT TO CHANGE]



No comments:

Post a Comment