Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The start of production! Whoohoo. Today we shot the first scene of our final semester project. Quite an amazing feeling really. Are weeks of intense pre-production, the vision is becoming reality. There is no feeling like watching your idea form in front of you. Something that i'm learning...

Are a six hour shoot, our stomachs told us it was time to put away the equipment and get something to eat! Of course, it didn't happen as quickly as we all wished. There was a whole set of various procedures that took place before the taste of delicious mouth-watering pizza could be munched on. Who's idea was it for us to take a bus, move equipment, and start transferring footage in the first place? Don't we  pay someone for that? Wait...we are the ones who are paying to learn this stuff...

It's not bad at all, really. There are so many things I have been learning! It excites and amazes me to see how this skill and knowledge I'm acquiring at King School of Media is going to be applied in Kenya, Africa and ultimately God's glory! I can't wait to start filming/ editing our feature film that's in pre-production stage. That is a whole other story that I'm too tired to write about at this time. I'm finding out that past 1 AM in the morning my productivity screeches to a hault. And that is my Que. to sign off and get some sleep. Production day 2 starts tomorrow!

Directing/Scriptee/Production Assist

Gotta love the 5D Mark II

Harry with the 5D shoulder rig

1 comment: