Monday, April 9, 2012

Africa Update!

April 9, 2012
Hi Everyone!
As many of you already know, I am preparing to go to Kenya, Africa. Why do I want to go to Africa? Because In Matthew 27 verse 19 states, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and , lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” I believe my Savior is calling me to the ends of the world to document and film what happens there and show the world. I can only do this with your prayers and support. So far, I have raised $300. By May 10 this year, I need to raise $19,651. That means in 31 days, I need to raise $19,351. Do I think God can provide? Absolutely!
Financially, I’ve been eating less to save money for this trip. I’ve budgeted my food bill for my remaining months of school so that I can save as much money possible for when I go to Africa. Last month, I had about $30 left for half of the month. I can’t explain how amazing it was to witness how God provided food for me. I never went super hungry. It was the first time I witnessed how safe it is to trust in God fully. In the same way, I’m totally trusting that He will provide for me and this Gideon challenge of raising support. I’m so confident in the Lord, that I’m giving what I can afford to the beggars out of my budgeted food money. Let me tell you how better is it to give than receive. I forgot to mention that when I had barely any money last month, I was still able to provide meals for my room mates.
I can’t explain how much the Lord is strengthening me. His plans and purposes in your life are so special and important. As my great friend and mentor tells me, just do it...do it now. This is the truth. Just to do the will of the Father and do it now. It will be the best thing and feeling you will ever experience! I pray that the Lord will keep you and bless you all! May his countenance shine upon you and may you reflect the love of the Father and do His will. You can stay updated about my studies, travels, and experience on my blog!
In Christ
David Sekiguchi - A bond Servant of Christ
“Be strong and of a good courage; be no afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whitersoever thou goest.” Joshua 1:9

SEND Checks and OTHER to my Parents:

Tomo and Cindy Sekiguchi
91600 Coburg Rd
Eugene, OR 97408
USA

Make checks out to Africa Inland Mission

Donations are tax deductible

AIM will send receipts for donations


                                         

Isn’t the Lord wonderful? He has been guiding and protecting me during my stay in Israel. A number of students and I just finished filming the Easter Sunrise Service at the Garden Tomb! We aired the service on uStream. Just knowing that your work is making a difference in peoples lives is so motivating. My purpose is to serve God with media!
AFRICA INLAND WEBSITE:
MY BLOG
MY VIMEO CHANNEL

No comments:

Post a Comment